Be Your Best Training (Evening)
Time & Location
About the Event
BE YOUR BEST:
Thank you for choosing Parent & Educational Training South Africa (P.E.T. South Africa). Whether you are just beginning your journey with us or already part of our network, our goal is to provide you with a course that will enable you to learn effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
HOW CAN BE YOUR BEST BENEFIT ME?
The Be Your Best course teaches you a comprehensive set of skills as well as a framework for knowing how and when to use these skills to establish open, honest, and healthy relationships. Once learned and practiced, these skills will become an integral part of your day-to-day communication.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Become aware of your important needs, feelings, and goals.
• Express ideas, feelings, and needs in a clear non-blameful way.
• Overcome or reduce fear and anxiety.
• Handle values differences to keep relationships from being damaged or fractured.
• Set goals and make plans for achievement.
THE ADVANTAGES OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION:
• Increased feelings of control of your life and work.
• Better relationships with others at work and at home.
• Increased self-confidence.
• Less stress.
• Able to make better decisions.
• Clarity of your needs and goals and the conviction to act on them.
HOW DOES THE BE YOUR BEST COURSE WORK?
Be Your Best is 30 hours in total and led by a certified Gordon Training International Instructor. The schedule will depend on the individual instructor. The sessions are based on the philosophy of learning by doing, and include:
• Hands-on practice
• Group discussions
• Workbook exercises
• Real-life skills and examples
Course materials include:
• Be Your Best workbook
• Certificate of completion
• Dr Thomas Gordon’s Credo for Relationships.
A BRIEF BACKGROUND
The Be Your Best (B.Y.B.) workshop was created by the President of Gordon Training International (GTI), Linda Adams. The workshop, revised in 2008, offers invaluable skills to allow you to become more effective and take responsibility in both your personal and professional life.