Wed, 20 Apr|
Aand [Stellenbosch]: Doeltreffende Ouerskap Leiding (EERSTE SESSIE)
Doeltreffende Ouerskap Leiding (D.O.L.) is 'n navorsingsgebaseerde en prettige kursus deur die bekroonde sielkundige dr Thomas Gordon wat slim en kreatiewe maniere leer om stres, konflik en woedebuie te hanteer.
Time & Location
20 Apr, 18:00 – 21:00
Junior Akademie, Unie Rd, Uniepark, Stellenbosch, 7600
About the event
Thank you for choosing PARENT, Personal and Professional Development. Whether you are just beginning YOUR JOURNEY with us or already part of our network, OUR GOAL is to provide parents with a programme that will teach them EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS.
HOW CAN PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING BENEFIT ME?
PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING teaches you a comprehensive set of skills as well as a framework for knowing how and when to use these skills to establish open, honest, and healthy relationships at home.
Once learned and practiced, these skills will become an integral part of your day-to-day communication.
We are here to help you obtain useful skills that will help you feel more confident as a parent. We don't blame, we don't shame, and we don't mess with your values. We work with any skill level, with parents of children of all ages, and you are encouraged to make mistakes and have fun while learning.
The PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING skill set helps you to build and maintain a home environment of acceptance and mutual respect.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
· TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN so that they will listen to you.
· LISTEN TO YOUR CHILDREN so they feel genuinely understood.
· RESOLVE CONFLICTS AND PROBLEMS in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved.
· TROUBLESHOOT FAMILY PROBLEMS and which skills to use to solve them.
THE ADVANTAGES OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION:
- YOUR CHILDREN WILL FEEL FREE to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing.
- They will learn SELF-DISCIPLINE, SELF-CONTROL AND AN INNER SENSE OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
- You will learn how to WORK WITH EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF AGAINST EACH OTHER.
- You will experience FEWER ANGRY OUTBURSTS AND MORE PROBLEM-SOLVING.
- EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE in rule-setting so that all will feel motivated to comply with the rules.
HOW DOES THE PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING PROGRAMME WORK?
Parent Effectiveness Training is 24 HOURS IN TOTAL and led by a certified Gordon Training International Instructor. The schedule will depend on the individual instructor’s time.
THE SESSIONS ARE BASED ON THE PHILOSOPHY OF LEARNING BY DOING, and include:
· HANDS-ON PRACTICE
· GROUP DISCUSSIONS
· WORKBOOK EXERCISES
· REAL-LIFE SKILLS AND EXAMPLES
Programme materials include:
· P.E.T. WORKBOOK
· P.E.T. TEXTBOOK
· CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
· DR THOMAS GORDON’S CREDO FOR RELATIONSHIPS
A BRIEF BACKGROUND:
The PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING (P.E.T.) program was created by award-winning psychologist and three-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon in 1962. It was designed as a preventative programme “Training before Trouble.” It was the first parenting program to be distributed nationwide in the United States.
The program offers parents the essential communication and conflict resolution skills they need to have HIGH-QUALITY RELATIONSHIPS at home so that there will be FEWER POWER STRUGGLES – LESS TENSION, LESS RESENTMENT, MORE FUN, MORE PEACE, MORE LOVE.